Most Writers Go to Their First (or second or third or tenth) Conference Without A Proven Plan to Make Their Time There Sing
Now there's way to fix that. The Ultimate Guide to Christian Writing Conferences is for you if:
- You want to maximize every moment of your next conference
- You want to make a great impression on editors and agents
- You want to have champions in your corner when it comes to promoting you and your career
- You want to develop an excellent pitch for editors and agents
- You want to truly connect to industry insiders; agents, editors, and author
- You want to develop life long relationships with other writers
- You want your next conference to be more than you ever imagined it could be!
In this course, James L. Rubart takes everything he's learned from the past 14 years of teaching a hundreds of conferences around the country.
"The reason we put The Ultimate Guide to Christian Writing Conferences video course and workbook together is because this is exactly what I wish had been available to me before I went to my first writing conference.
And if you’re like me, you want your first, second, tenth and twentieth conference experience to be the absolute best it can be. You want your publishing dreams to have the best chance possible of coming true.
That’s why we developed the course.
Whether you’ve been to zero conferences, or 10+, The Ultimate Guide to Christian Writing Conferences course will teach you what to do before, during, and after your next conference in order to maximize your experience on all levels; professional, personal, and spiritual."
What's Covered in the Course:
- Pre Conference
- Reasons NOT to go to a conference
- Pros of going to a conference
- Figuring out why you're going
- The six types of conferences
- Things to look for when investigating a conference
- Other decisions to make before you head out the door
- At the Conference
- What to do when you first get there
- How to Pitch Editors and Agents the right way
- What editors and agents are looking for in a new client
- Questions to ask editors and agents
- What to do when your appointment flops
- One sheets
- Mindsets you must embrace
- How to get everyone to like you (and become your champion)
- How to make yourself unforgettable
- Post Conference
- Note review
- Following up with editors and agents
- Following up with new connections
- Setting the right expectations
- How to enter back into normal life
- Thank you notes
- Setting a plan for the next three months
- Spiritual Components
- Don't hold back and don't press in
- The power of journaling
- Taking time to reach out
- The theme of your life
- Stories from Jim
- The parable of the talents
- It's not about the writing
PLUS! You'll also get a 30+ page workbook full of exercises and worksheets to help you map out every step of your next conference.
James L. Rubart is 28 years old, but lives trapped inside an older man's body. He thinks he's still young enough to water ski like a madman and dirt bike with his two grown sons. He's the best-selling, Christy Hall of Fame, CAROL, INSPY, and RT Book Reviews award winning author of ten novels and loves to send readers on mind-bending journeys they'll remember months after they finish his stories. He's also a branding expert, audio book narrator, and co-founder with his son, Taylor, of the Rubart Writing Academy. He lives with his amazing wife on a small lake in eastern Washington.
Frequently Asked Questions
By the time you pay for travel on both ends, plus the conference itself, you've made a sizable investment.
With that in mind, why wouldn't you invest a tiny amount more to make sure you get everything out of your next conference possible?
What you're learn in this course will take your conference experience from good to great, and quite possibly, from good to life changing.
Plus, there's no risk. You have 30 days to decide if the course is what you need.
Huge potential updside. No downside. Why would you join us?
We'll see you inside the course!
To your writing dreams becoming reality,
Jim & Taylor Rubart