There are hundreds of books, websites, and courses that will teach you the technical side of writing. But far fewer that delve into what makes a story stand out above others.
That's the component we need if we want stories that are going to grab agents, editors, and ultimately readers around the throat (and heart) so powerfully, they can't put our novels down.
This 90 minute course is packed with everything I wish I knew about Craft when I was starting my writing career.
You'll learn how to:
- Create unique, compelling characters that editors, agents, and readers will love
- How to use the critical "What If?" question to come up with powerful story ideas
- Discover if your story idea is TOO unique
- Utilize 11 proven ways to be more creative
- Creative villains in your books that readers love to hate
- 12 questions you need to ask when creating new characters
- The technical aspects of Craft that you need to pay attention to
- How to find your writing voice
- How to write from a place of authenticity
- How to get to the heart of your readers
PLUS an eight minute, never before seen bonus Q&A video with Jim focused on writing, where he answers his most frequently asked questions about his writing process and career.
James L. Rubart is 28 years old, but lives trapped inside an older man's body. He thinks he's still young enough to water ski like a madman and dirt bike with his two grown sons. He's the best-selling, Christy Hall of Fame, CAROL, INSPY, and RT Book Reviews award winning author of sixteen novels and loves to send readers on mind-bending journeys they'll remember months after they finish his stories. He's also a branding expert, audio book narrator, and co-founder with his son, Taylor, of the Rubart Writing Academy. He lives with his amazing wife on a small lake in eastern Washington.
Frequently Asked Questions
"The section on creating compelling characters was incredibly helpful, and by far my favorite"
- Sandra Frykholm, May 2018, Graduate
"It was like a light bulb going off inside when you talked about, 'Don't write the safe book, write the book of your heart.' Now I'm determined. Thank you for setting me free to go do it."
- Chris Moore, May 2018 Graduate
Isn't it time you discovered how to create award winning, bestselling stories? You will, here.
The difference between good books and great ones is your willingness to go to the deepest parts of your heart. To find the stories there, and bring them to the page. When you do that, you'll bring your readers healing, and bring healing for yourself as well. In this course, you'll learn how to do exactly that.
So why are you hesitating? As with all of our courses, you can try this one 100% risk free — if you aren't absolutely thrilled with this course, you have 30 days to return it for a full refund. That's how strongly we believe in this material.