As an author, a website is the most important part of your internet presence. It's your home base — where all of your marketing eventually points back to. It's essential that all authors and writers have a website, even before they're published, to build a fan base during the writing of their book.
This course is specifically created for those who don't have extensive experience with building websites. It breaks web design into small, easy to understand lessons so when you do it (either by yourself or with a developer) it will turn out stellar.
- Why you absolutely need a website if you're a writer / author
- What goes into making a compelling website
- How your website is the hub of all your marketing efforts — your home base on the internet
- The pros and cons of website building platforms — Wordpress, SquareSpace, Wix & Weebly (it's ok if you don't know what those are!)
- The ways you can create a stunning and compelling website yourself
Once you enroll, you'll have complete access to everything in the course, and you'll get a workbook you can download. The workbook has additional resources, and goes further into detail than we do in the video clips.
You won't leave with a completed website in this course — instead, we'll explore the psychology behind good websites, what goes into building a website, the best website design platforms, and what you need to know before you design your site.
Taylor Rubart owns and runs a marketing company called Flannel Media, based in Bellingham, WA. He's taken his knowledge of marketing, and brought it to the author realm.
"It was so helpful to learn about elements that are/are not important on a website. Technology changes so rapidly that what was true a year or two ago might not be true today, so it's good to hear the latest info."
- Jenny Leo, April 2018 Graduate
"My favorite part was learning the exact right reasons to have a website"
- Sue Rau, May 2018 Graduate
Frequently Asked Questions
By the end of this course, you'll understand:
- Why you absolutely need a website as a writer
- The basics of web design
- What pages you need to include on your website
- How the human brain works and how to harness that knowledge in your own website
- What makes websites successful
- The basics of web design / color choice / font choice
If you're looking to have a career as an author, you absolutely need a website — by the end of this course, you'll have a base of knowledge which will allow you to build a website for yourself, or find a web designer who can build one for you.
So what are you waiting for? As with all of our courses, you can try this 100% risk free — if you aren't absolutely thrilled with this course, you have 30 days to return it for a full refund. That's how strongly we believe in this material.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask — [email protected]